Being sent in circles trying to contact PayPal help

twaeger
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to contact PayPal about appealing a dispute that was closed without giving me a chance to provide input. I go through the Help process from my account, and am told to call their customer service number <span[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] I call the number, but all it does is play me a recording that PayPal is only providing help via their support e-mail, [removed], and then hangs up without giving me any other options. I e-mail this support e-mail, and am told by reps to call the number. I've tried to respond to the e-mail, and reps respond telling me to go back to step one, which is to log in to my account and follow the help instructions there.

I'm just being sent in circles without a way to resolve my issue. What do I do?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@twaeger 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@twaeger 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

THEMARTINIMIKE
New Community Member

**bleep** PAYPAL. No HELP EVER. China shipped means China wins. They could send you a dog bone described as a gold brick and you will never get your money back. The end. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@THEMARTINIMIKE 

Not true, I have given advice to loads who have appealed successfully.

But if you don't want that advice no problem...The end.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Temp20220731A

Sadly paypal are near next to useless. I really mean it. Their customer service is non existant. Numbers they provide for CS are dead. Promised call backs never happen. If you speak to anyone that remotely understands you, you've done well. They don't listen to anything you have to say, they won't investigate any clear cases of fraud (they'll sit on it for 4 weeks then just say "we hope you're happy with the outcome"). I'm attempting to close my account as I've now discovered there is no protection at all. You're better covered using a credit card. Remember Paypal do not have to play by the rules that a bank does, so they really do nothing for their customers. Based on my experience with them, a chatbot would do a better job than the call center location they outsource to (you can guess which region).

Utterly shameful. Their contact us page (https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/contact-us) shows they're open 8am to 6.30pm Monday to Sunday.
However if you call on a Saturday at 10.30am they're closed.  Paypal is a joke, and with ebay going to direct payments, and having better protection through your actual bank, it's time to ditch Paypal.

Login to Me Too

twaeger
Contributor
Contributor

Alrighty, I consider this situation resolved. To document what I had to do in hopes it'll help others in the future:

- I contacted PayPal on Facebook, Twitter, and through the help messaging system in PayPal's site.

- I received responses from all three, Facebook first and Twitter last.

- All there did not send me in further circles, however the rep from Facebook didn't seem to understand what I needed. I gave up on trying to explain it after continually being misunderstood.

- Ultimately, the interaction I got through the messaging system on PayPal's site proved to be the only rep who understood what I needed. They addressed my issue properly.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.