Aliexpress payment what the actual…..?!

Kimmy-h51
Contributor
Contributor

I just attempted to pay for an aliexpress purchase via PayPal.

I selected PayPal as the payment option, logged into PayPal. Saw the details of the purchase and the total amount, shipping etc, displayed on PayPal.

selected my existing credit card and clicked the pay button.

The usual payment processing symbols etc were displayed and then I was redirected back to the main page with no indication that my payment had been accepted, or had not

i looked in my PayPal transactions, nothing there

looked in the aliexpress orders on my account, nothing there

checked my bank account no pending transaction

so with much trepidation I tried again, wondering all the while if I would end up paying for the order twice 

same thing happend

So not wanting to risk three transactions being processed, and at a loss as to how to actually pay for the dam purchase

I clicked on the help link on PayPal, then navigated my way through the help process and various irrelevant suggestions until I got to a button which offered me the opportunity to “report a problem”

Clicked on the button and I got navigated back to the Home Screen for my PayPal account

Tried this several more times, searched google for ways to actually lodge a dispute with PayPal (I have done this many times before, albeit a few years ago now, and it was always pretty straight forward).  However after getting to the point where I was losing the will to live I gave up.

Further googling informs me that PayPal does not accept aliexpress transactions from my country

Ok fine

My question is

Why the actual **bleep** when both my PayPal account AND my aliexpress account are both very clearly and specifically linked to my country…has no one from either side bothered to put in 5 minutes worth of code to say

If

endUserCountry.PayPal.Account

OR

endUserCountry.Aliexpress.Account

==

aCountryWeForSomeRandomReasonDontSupport

THEN

displayAnActualHelpfulMessageToTheEndUser and

STOP

pissingUsersOffBySendingThemThroughATransactionProcessThatFailsWithNoExlanation???!

Even better

While trying to type this rant, Ingot half way through and my cursor suddenly disappeared and reappeared half way up the screen and no attempts to move it back to where I was typing had any effect.

So what’s even worse than a system that doesn’t work?

one that wastes your time by not telling you it won’t work

Topped off by a support forum where you can’t type the bloody rant without copying and pasting Your message from notepad because the text editor on the forum isn’t working properly…

And as per the actual subject line

What the actual…..

This sort of thing makes me wonder how on earth some of these companies say I’m business when they clearly don’t give any **bleep** at all about the customer experience

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Kimmy-h51
Contributor
Contributor

Turns out this is the gift that keeps on giving, I forgot to select a label, so I was forced to resubmit, and it cleared out everything from topic to label to category to the post contents when it forced me to resubmit and made me redo the captcha twice.

did a team of people sit down and brainstorm how to make this as time consuming as is legally possible?

I think by the end of this process it was like they say it is climbing everest.  You end up dying because you keep thinking you are almost at the summit and after all that pain you don’t want to stop the ascent without seeing the summit….  Now I’m going to collapse and die on the descent…thank you paypal for an hour or more of my life I won’t get back…

Login to Me Too

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @Kimmy-h51,

I am very sorry to hear about your negative experience. I do understand your concern. I will make sure to pass on your feedback to the relevant team. In the meantime, if there is anything we can help you with, please don't hesitate to contact our customer support. This can be done by clicking here

Thank you for your time!

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.