Account retriction, because I changed the company display name.

Mariusvnw01
New Community Member

I'm the sole proprietor in New Zealand and don't have a company registered. So no company documentation is required.

My PayPal account has been up and running since January with very little problems.

I recently changed the company display name and all of the sudden my account is restricted. I have been on the phone to PayPal in New Zealand for the last 4 days. Every time they say it should be resolved soon. I receive orders on my website and can't filfil the orders as PayPal has a restriction on my account.

This is ridiculous how they prevent me from providing good service to my clients, and then when my client complains to PayPal that I haven't fulfilled the orders, then PayPal wants to put your account in restriction mode again. I can't win! I can't get hold of the backend people that are putting my account in restriction. They have sent me an email asking for proof of identity that I supplied to them 10 times. Now they ask for my utility bill to be in the company name. When I speak to PayPal on the phone then they understand that I can't have the utility bill in the company name as it's not a company, but the compliance division seems to not understand these basics. One of the emails that I received from PayPal asked that I send an email stating that I'm not a company, but then they don't provide their email address. I've logged this on my message centre, and the message is now unanswered for 8 hours.

I don't know where to turn to but the community to ask if someone knows how to contact these backend people to resolve this matter, as PayPal is sitting with my customers money and they prevent me from supplying the orders to my customers.

I hope someone can respond to my HELP CRY!!!!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.