Account limited, money on hold. Made my account business by mistake
Call them back and request to be transferred to an Account Specialist or Paypal supervisor. Request for manual upload of your documents, they will direct you to a different channel, like this one, and make sure you are signed on to your Paypal account.
Lastly, you upload your identifications while on the phone with an account specialist or PayPal supervisor.
It doesn’t matter which account type (personal or business), both can experience temporary holds of funds.
Here are the reasons why:
You can downgrade to personal after you resolve limitation but if you need a business account later, it is best open a separate business account with different email address because, I don’t believe you can upgrade/downgrade an account a second time if I recall correctly. Each user can have one personal account and one business account.
First, go to the Resolution Center to resolve the account limitation by providing the info/documentation requested.
Here is PayPal All about limitations help guide.
Second, there are two methods to release money sooner depending on what you see on your screen:
Recipient has to change the order status or add tracking:
- Go to Activity.
- Find the transaction to update, then click Get your money.
- *If you sold a product, select Product to add tracking information or print shipping label directly.
- **If you received payment that do not require shipping, selling an intangible item or service, select Service or virtual product to confirm order status.
- Click Submit.
*Use one of the approved shipping carriers and PayPal release the hold 24 hours after the courier confirms delivery to the buyer’s address.
**Recipient will get their money 7 days after confirming the order status as Completed.
If there are no issues with the transactions such as disputes, claims or chargebacks, the funds should typically be released within 21 days from the date of payment.
In some markets, the transaction can be marked as "shipped" or "processed" to gain earlier access to the funds.
Here's how to mark your item as “shipped” or “Processed” in the Transaction details:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Go to Activity page,
- Click the transaction to update.
- Click “Add tracking info” button.
- Click the Order Status menu and select “Order Processed” if physical shipping is not required, otherwise select “Shipped” and provide tracking number if available.
Then, after 48 hrs from payment date, ask Sender to ‘confirm receipt’, here’s how:
- Click Activity at the top of the page.
- Find and click the original payment for the item.
- Click Confirm receipt.
- Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.
Note: Not all transactions will have the ‘confirm receipt’ option nor is required to confirm receipt.
Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- My digital products business received an email from paypal saying it's a pyramid scheme! in Security and Fraud Archives
- Can someone hack your account from just your username? in Security and Fraud Archives
- Connecticut in Security and Fraud Archives
- How can I close a business account? in Managing Account Archives
- New account permanently limited right after setting up in Security and Fraud Archives