Account has been hacked

Maryfl
Contributor
Contributor
Hi All What do l do? My paypal account has been hacked. It was a personal account and has now been changed to a business account and l do not recognise the business name or the numbers that have been added??
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maryfl 

You haven't added your country to your profile (so we can see when we hover over your username) or said in your post which country you are in so unfortunately we can't advise.
Paypal varies a great deal country to country so you need to tell us where you are on this worldwide community forum.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Maryfl
Contributor
Contributor
My account has been hacked and l am currently in Zimbabwe
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jackie

Hello @Maryfl,

Thank you for visiting the PayPal Community. I’m sorry to hear there’s unrecognized profile changes made to your account. Please make sure you update your password & security questions and report any unauthorized activity to us. You may remove any numbers added through your Profile. Don’t worry, we offer full protection for confirmed unauthorized transactions and will revert your account profile information back to your original information. We may take up to 10 business days to review any unauthorized claim and we’ll send you an update via email.
Here's how to report potential fraud: https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/article/FAQ2422.
Learn about secure password tips here: https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/article/FAQ3152.
If there are any questions during this process, please feel free to let us know.

Thank you for reaching out to us and I hope that you have a good day.

-Jackie
If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving it a kudos.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.