Account banned.

Phaticus
New Community Member
My PayPal account is just 20 minute old and I got permanently banned, I haven't done any transaction what's the problem ? I'm using cryptotab browser on Android 10 Infinix (in Kenya Nakuru)
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

BrianPhotos
Contributor
Contributor

I have exactly the same issue. I have only just set up my account. Went to get the API details and my account is saying I have been permanently banned for breach of the user agreement. Im on hold to the resolution centre (already ben cut off once) as the resolution centre just says I have been permanently banned and gives me now actions to resolve or details on why.

Login to Me Too

Pyrelight
Contributor
Contributor
I just opened a PayPal account and was immediately banned for life! I didn't realize until now that I belong to a club with a rather large membership. 'Too big to care' seems to be the PayPal mentality. Have any answers to this dilemma come your way?
Login to Me Too

HopefulToad
Contributor
Contributor

@Pyrelight Yes: use something other than PayPal, and don't support businesses that exclusively use PayPal.

The same thing happened to me, and there is no recourse. I called customer service, talked to a guy who claimed he was going to forward me to some higher-ups, and I was on hold for thirty minutes before I decided I wasn't worth it and I was just going to look for alternatives to PayPal and warn others against using PayPal. Thankfully, I don't have any funds tied up in PayPal (they banned my business account the moment I created it).

Login to Me Too

Pyrelight
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your reply. The problem is that everyone seems to use them - it's almost like an antitrust issue. They don't care about arbitrarily **bleep** people because they have cornered the market.
Login to Me Too

HopefulToad
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, it stinks that PayPal usage is so widespread. I can't put my music up for sale now on Bandcamp because PayPal is the only option there.

Login to Me Too

Zaza94
I noticed that lately a lot of people have a problem with the permanent limitation of the account including me. I made a purchase and after 40 minutes I got a message that my account was closed. I was only able to contact them via Facebook and I learned only that they could not give me a reason for such a decision that I would not be able to use this knowledge to deceive them in the future. except that I only use paypal for payments as an individual
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.