Account Limitation from Legal Name Change
I uploaded a marriage certificate to make a legal name change, next thing I know I get an email saying my account is 'permanently limited'.
To say I'm baffled is an understatement. I apparently breached ToS as they believe I opened up my account when I was under 18. While it was some time ago, I swear I was 18 when I opened my account. Not only that, I've uploaded various documents with my Date of Birth to absolutely no detriment in the past.
No one is online to contact about this directly, so I'm basically stuck here wondering if this can be lifted at all, or am I really forced to make a whole new account? If so, how do I close this one?
Appreciate any help given. Thank you.
Even if you are of age now, the account can’t be used anymore because it was opened while under age or close to it (to be on the safe side on PayPal’s part).
You’ll have to keep trying to contact PayPal about allowing you to open new account and reset your bank account and card so you can link it to new account.
Log out of all accounts.
Click “Call Us” option under the “Common Issues’ section.
Click “call us as guest” link to get PayPal contact numbers.
Ask for an agent until they connect you with one.
Explain the situation and that you would like the opportunity to open a new account since you’re of age now.
If you believe the age thing was a mistake, ask PayPal to double check.
Or reach out to PayPal at Facebook or Twitter:
Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- how to change account back to personal in Managing Account Archives
- PO Box Change of Address in Managing Account Archives
- PayPal won't let me change this personal account to business account. How do overcome this? in Managing Account Archives
- Credit reference agencies stating PayPal defaulted in Wallet Archives
- My account has been permanently Limited and I am no longer allowed to use PayPal in Security and Fraud Archives