ABC

diebens
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal won't protect me from fraud.

11:57 am I get an improper charge but the charge showed cancelled.

Becuase it was improper I called paypal and cancelled the card and requested a  new one.  A few moments later I got an email from Paypal saying the old card was deactivated and a new one was going to be mailed.

1:27 I get a $750 deposit into my account.

1:40 I get seven fraudulent charges to my account for places in Louisiana and areas I don't live with 200 miles.  They total around $950.00 with the last being $709..

I immediately call paypal.   THe first person I speak with says the person who I spoke with earlier made a mistake and didn't cancel the card he just sent me an additional card.  He refers me to "limitations" for dealing with disputing the charges.  They tell me there is NOTHING they can do.  They claim even if they made a mistake Paypal policy prevents them from blocking the $950 in charges and I should call the merchants.  Paypal gives me numbers.  I call and all said they didn't what I was talking about and hung up.  9 months ago when something similar happened Paypal immediated cancelled the $400+- improper charge.

I ask for a supervisor who basically says "**bleep** you".  I explain that I can't have Paul pull the $950 out of my bank account because my dog needs a $4,500 operation and I won't have enough to pay the vet (in advance).  She said "too bad" can't help you.  She tells me stop payment on the checks with my bank.  I tell her that costs me $35 per stop payment and some of the charges are only $27.00.  She says "too bad company policy has to be followed".  I ask her what do I need to tell the bank as they will require some form of transaction number. She says just give them the amount of the check(s)/transactions coming through.  I ask"are you sure that is all I need"  she says "yes that is all you need".

They tell me it will take around 10 business to 30 calendar days to sort this out.  I complain.  SHe said "too bad".

I call my bank.   THey can't stop the payment without a transaction ID of some sort.

HOW did these crooks know about my deposit?  That could only come from Paypal.  Why did Paypal stop fraud 9 months ago but won't today.

They are a pack of lairs and theives!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.