sandbox email confirmation

danijelb1986
Contributor
Contributor

Hello guys,

I dont get confirmation email on my sandbox test account. Can you please help me with that?
I want to make test payments.

<removed>

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS-Aaron
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @danijelb1986 

I'm glad you're working to test PayPal in the sandbox environment. It has been enjoyable for me to do. In terms of confirmation emails, or any email in general on a sandbox account, you need to make sure that you have created the account through the Developer Dashboard at developer.paypal.com.  

• Once you do that, you can go to accounts and create any test account you would like, but this should not use a real email address.
  • Next, you can connect a test business account to one of PayPal's Checkout buttons or Payment APIs.
  • Then, go through the buying process with a personal test account that you created on the developer dashboard.
  • Once you have done that, you can go to notifications on the developer dashboard and see all emails for all your Sandbox accounts that you created there. It looks like this: image.png

While you can't receive the emails to your personal inbox, this sort of mimics an inbox, showing all the emails you would get if you were using the production side.

I hope this helps!

-Aaron

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

MTS-Aaron
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @danijelb1986 

I'm glad you're working to test PayPal in the sandbox environment. It has been enjoyable for me to do. In terms of confirmation emails, or any email in general on a sandbox account, you need to make sure that you have created the account through the Developer Dashboard at developer.paypal.com.  

• Once you do that, you can go to accounts and create any test account you would like, but this should not use a real email address.
  • Next, you can connect a test business account to one of PayPal's Checkout buttons or Payment APIs.
  • Then, go through the buying process with a personal test account that you created on the developer dashboard.
  • Once you have done that, you can go to notifications on the developer dashboard and see all emails for all your Sandbox accounts that you created there. It looks like this: image.png

While you can't receive the emails to your personal inbox, this sort of mimics an inbox, showing all the emails you would get if you were using the production side.

I hope this helps!

-Aaron

Login to Me Too

danijelb1986
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @MTS-Aaron 

thank you for your replay and it helped yesterday, I could make a payment.

Today I am surprised that there are no accounts anymore, I cant create any new accounts, plus paypal have a bug on the website bcs of cookie popup ( it pups on every page load ) 😞 .

please check images 

Can you please explain what is going on here?

paypal1.JPGpaypal2.JPG

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

This was caused by a temporary issue which has since been resolved.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

dekeyser2001
Contributor
Contributor

OMG OMG I have no idea what you're talking about but I'm trudging through it.  I think I understand what you mean but it's a little complicated for me.  It looks like I have a live account and I'm working there.  I didn't know what a dashboard was you'll need to reply that I have gone through all the steps.  Thanks this might take a while. 

Login to Me Too

dekeyser2001
Contributor
Contributor

By the way, I'm using my laptop not my phone.  I see the instructions are for an iPhone I have, I really didn't want to use that method.

Login to Me Too

MTS-Aaron
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @dekeyser2001 

I understand there were several steps in there, however none of the instructions were for iPhone.  I'm just confirming that you are looking for information on getting sandbox emails?

The dashboard I'm referring to is found here on the top right of the screen. There you can access and create sandbox accounts, or click on notifications to see if your created sandbox accounts have emails that were sent to them. Refer to my screenshot for a snip of that screen.

image.png

I hope that helps!

-Aaron

Login to Me Too

dekeyser2001
Contributor
Contributor

I gave up.  My accounts are way to mixed up.

Login to Me Too

dekeyser2001
Contributor
Contributor

Log into the dashboard there with your live PayPal account.   --  This is about as far as I got.

I have open on my 7 tabs open including this one.

1.  I have a Sandbox Merchant account

2.  I have a developer account https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api/nt-rest/#test-methods

3.  My PayPal account summary

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.