refund payment that was in sandbox mode

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Hi, my friend paid with card through Smart button that was in sandbox mode(there wasn’t account my id in the code). He said that money is gone, how to refund this payment? How that even possible?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hello,

The money isn't gone, if they check their account they will see the transaction has a status of "unclaimed" and there should also be an option to cancel the transaction. If they don't cancel the transaction, it will be automatically cancelled if not claimed within 30 days.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hello,

The money isn't gone, if they check their account they will see the transaction has a status of "unclaimed" and there should also be an option to cancel the transaction. If they don't cancel the transaction, it will be automatically cancelled if not claimed within 30 days.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

Editrightly123
Contributor
Contributor
I was still on sandbox test mode when i received a sale on my website. Please, how do i get this fund to may account or clame it? This buyer said the payment was successful and on my sandbox info it's shows completed.
Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Sandbox transactions are fictitious and do not contain real world funds.

If a customer made a transaction whilst your site was in sandbox mode, ask them to cancel the transaction from within their account by viewing the transaction details page for the transaction and choosing to cancel the transaction.

Once the existing transaction has been cancelled, they can then make a new transaction via your website once it has been placed into "live" or "production" mode so that the transaction is sent to your "live" / "production" PayPal account.

Transactions conducted within our sandbox environment cannot be transferred to our "live" or "production" environment and vice-versa.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.