receive badly damaged irons shafts

Bangers69
Contributor
Contributor
I bought steel shafts irons, the photos looked good. The shafts were badly chipped and rusty, dishonest presentation, to get a refund I have to pay the return shipping cost. Bottom line is quiickshipgolf gets $80US for there dishonesty and the irons return for resale, if the irons were not damaged and I wanted to return them because I didn't like the look then I'd understand I'd have to pay the return shipping cost. How is that fair and eBay and PayPal condone this dishonesty, truly unbelievable to me. What do you think?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bangers69 

You never said you opened an Ebay dispute, you were talking about paypal hence i presumed you had opened a paypal dispute.

It would be helpful if you gave all the correct info in your opening post then its not so confusing.

If you were asked by Ebay to pay return shipping then you selected the wrong option when you opened that dispute.

When you click to 'return item' on an EBAY DISPUTE there are a list of 5 options BUT when you click 'more' its extends the options to 11 and the lower 6 ones are to report the item as misdescribed / damaged etc.

So if you select one of the lower 6 then if Ebay finds in your favour then the seller has to supply a prepaid label for you to send the item back again.

You can do that up to 30 days, after that you have to open a Paypal dispute as you would no longer be Ebay covered.

So to sum up..............

Ebay would have got the seller to send you a prepaid label if you had selected the correct option when you opened an Ebay dispute and it was within 30 days.

Paypal would have refunded you your return postage costs if you had activated the 'return shipping on us' option at any point before you made the transaction.

Sweet words have to be understood for the system to work properly in your favour.

As for U.S sellers, we get complaints about sellers worldwide on this forum and as many from your country as anywhere else.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bangers69 

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....
https://www.paypal.com/nz/smarthelp/article/can-i-get-free-shipping-on-a-paypal-return-faq3544?app=s...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Bangers69
Contributor
Contributor
Appreciate your reply, I'm not asking eBay or PayPal to give me anything. Sorry if you read it that way, I do however believe quickshipgolf should be told to refund my money. This is the 2nd time I've been in dispute with a eBay seller in the USA, I would never sell something so dishonestly presented for sale.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bangers69 

You said you didn't think it fair you had to fund return shipping costs so I replied with paypals policy on why they ask you to do that.

I also gave you the link to claim back return shipping costs 'if' you have activated it on your account.

I'm only telling you how paypal works and why they are telling you that you have to return the item first before they will issue a refund.

However if it was an Ebay transaction why did you not open an Ebay dispute then instead of having to claim back return shipping (if you activated the link), the seller would have been told to issue you a prepaid return label.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Bangers69
Contributor
Contributor
I did open an eBay dispute, I also said eBay told me to pay return shipping cost. Hence why I said eBay and PayPal were condoning quickshipgolf being dishonest, my opinion of American sellers is low...
Login to Me Too

Bangers69
Contributor
Contributor
Fyi I did read eBay and PayPal policy, just sweet words imho. I appreciate your feedback btw...
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bangers69 

You never said you opened an Ebay dispute, you were talking about paypal hence i presumed you had opened a paypal dispute.

It would be helpful if you gave all the correct info in your opening post then its not so confusing.

If you were asked by Ebay to pay return shipping then you selected the wrong option when you opened that dispute.

When you click to 'return item' on an EBAY DISPUTE there are a list of 5 options BUT when you click 'more' its extends the options to 11 and the lower 6 ones are to report the item as misdescribed / damaged etc.

So if you select one of the lower 6 then if Ebay finds in your favour then the seller has to supply a prepaid label for you to send the item back again.

You can do that up to 30 days, after that you have to open a Paypal dispute as you would no longer be Ebay covered.

So to sum up..............

Ebay would have got the seller to send you a prepaid label if you had selected the correct option when you opened an Ebay dispute and it was within 30 days.

Paypal would have refunded you your return postage costs if you had activated the 'return shipping on us' option at any point before you made the transaction.

Sweet words have to be understood for the system to work properly in your favour.

As for U.S sellers, we get complaints about sellers worldwide on this forum and as many from your country as anywhere else.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Bangers69
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry but I also forgot to mention I had a phone conversation with PayPal before the 30 days was expired on eBay, didn't get that information from that lady and if I had would of got a different result hopefully. Cheers
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bangers69 

I doubt a paypal customer services agent would know much about Ebays dispute policies !!!

You seem to think they are one and the same but they are not.

Ebay and Paypal are 2 completely separate companies, and each have 2 completely different and separate 'buyer dispute' policies.

Whilst you 'use' Paypal on Ebay that does not mean that their agents would know anything about Ebays dispute process, they would only know about their own as its only their company that they deal with.

Shame you didn't go to Ebays forums for advice on an Ebay dispute or here for advice on a Paypal dispute first.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.