"You are logging in to the account of the seller for this purchase..."

capefox
Contributor
Contributor

I find the Sandbox setup far too complicated and just can't get it right, so I am trying to purchase a cheap product on my site to test my Paypal payment settings in a "live" situation. However, I keep getting "You are logging into the account of the seller for this purchase. Please change your login information and try again." when I reach the PayPal Checkout, even though my "Demo" mode is OFF and I am using my regular PayPal login credentials. How can I fix this? (I would rather make a live purchase, as described, than use the Sandbox.)

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hello,

If you want to conduct a production environment transaction, you will need two accounts, one to receive the payment and the other to make the payment.

The error message is advising you that you're attempting to login to an account to pay, but the receiver of the payment is the same account, so you're trying to send money to yourself.

Ask a family member, friend or colleague to login instead and complete the test transaction, which you can refund afterward.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hello,

If you want to conduct a production environment transaction, you will need two accounts, one to receive the payment and the other to make the payment.

The error message is advising you that you're attempting to login to an account to pay, but the receiver of the payment is the same account, so you're trying to send money to yourself.

Ask a family member, friend or colleague to login instead and complete the test transaction, which you can refund afterward.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

capefox
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, Justin! I actually decided to open a Personal Paypal account and do the test by ordering a very cheap product via the Personal account - and it worked perfectly. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.