"We're sorry, an error occurred. Please try again later."

reissueclot
Contributor
Contributor

Testing our checkout and was prompted the message mirroring the title. What could be the issue here?

We are concern that our guests would think that their account is down and it could affect business too.

Any one had this and got it working again?

Your help is much appreciated.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MTS_Justin
Hello,

"We're sorry, an error occurred. Please try again later."

What type of transaction where you attempting when you experienced this error response ?

Where you attempting to pay via a PayPal sandbox account or via a test debit/credit card ?

Please provide the exact steps to re-produce the issue so I can attempt it from my side. Please also include the merchant id for the account receiving the payment (business sandbox account).

Please also review the thread "pinned" to the top of this forum titled "how to report a sandbox issue".

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

reissueclot
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Justin,

Setup was done via Big cartel. We just followed the guides and it linked the PayPal account to big cartel checkout. 

After the setup, we tried checking out and received the prompt. Do we have to close the Business account and start again?

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

So, when checking out, within the address bar of your browser does it show "www.paypal.com" or "www.sandbox.paypal.com" ?

Do you have access to any logs within Big Cartel which you can review to try and determine what error occurred. The error message you provided is a very generic error response.

You won't need to close you're account, sounds like there is an issue within the integration, nothing we can't try and solve.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.