"We cannot process the following recurring payment"

supersami
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am setting up subscriptions on my web app in sandbox, in which the user consents to a monthly subscription paying a fee each time. I read the API docs respectively and added an order and plan. On the frontend, I use the paypal smart buttons and pass in the plan id. 

Everything is fine on payment, in the email notifications tab, the merchant receiving an email "You have a new automatic payment profile for <Customer_name>" and the customer receiving an email referring to the merchant. The payment fee is all correct.

However, no money comes out of the customers account, and none comes into the merchants account - the transaction somehow fails. A few minutes later, I receive an email "We cannot process the following recurring payment. We will try again in five days".  I have tried this with multiple products and plans with the same outcome.

PayPal support have said it is a funding source error, "which is weird that buyer account is very normal." However, they're yet to get back to me, and I'm completely stuck. The customer account has more than enough funds in balance and also has a bank account and card.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.