"Upgrade to Pro" fails for business sandbox account

chentges
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I'm trying to "Upgrade to Pro" some sandbox business accounts.  Neither account works.  I get the following errors for each account:

Account ID: CZZ6JW6WS3C94

"Something went wrong. PayPal Payments Pro could not be enabled. Try again.  If you wish to report this error please include the following error id: 80b489808e370"

Account ID: 79Q3HVJBJTHJ2

"Something went wrong. PayPal Payments Pro could not be enabled. Try again.  If you wish to report this error please include the following error id: e0ce6f7094edc"

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MTS_Jennifer

Hello,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal Sandbox Community.

I have started the process of manually upgrading both of your Business Accounts. Can you please try again on the Developer Dashboard to upgrade both accounts?

Please see your notifications to see if you receive a sandbox email that says billing agreement acceptance. This is a virtual billing agreement, which means its only for the Sandbox Accounts.

Thank you,

Jennifer

PayPal

Login to Me Too

chentges
Contributor
Contributor

@MTS_JenniferThanks!  That worked. 

So I'm trying to do some local testing of a client site that uses "PayPal Website Payments Pro ( REST API )" but every time I try to submit a test transaction the local version of my site just spins and 504s. 

This is all through WordPress and the GiveWP plugin which are both widely used and tested.  It works on live and my local is an exact copy except for processing against the sandbox.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Jennifer

Hello,

I have confirmed that both sandbox accounts were successfully upgraded to Pro.

Make sure that the plugin you are using is setup for Website Payment's Pro (which can be used with your sandbox accounts), not Rest API Direct Credit Cards, since Rest API Direct Credit Cards was deprecated for all new Integrations a few years back.

Thanks,

Jennifer

PayPal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.