paypal payment hasn't accepted yet status while testing with sandbox account

AnneMN
Contributor
Contributor

My developer environment lists 2 sandbox accounts, both of which I've successfully linked to my sandbox environment. So why am I getting the message

Payment hasn't accepted yet

on the sandbox buyer account, on every order that I put through my website?

All orders on the website have On Hold status.

These are my sandbox accounts:

paypal-facilitator @ absurdpublications.com

paypal-buyer @ absurdpublications.com

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

AnneMN
Contributor
Contributor

So, in case someone else gets stuck on this, the problem for me turned out to be that although both sandbox accounts were correctly set up in my developer account and linked to my sandbox account (ALL of which needs to be done from your developer account), I hadn't entered the correct API details in my website.

Here is the correct way to to it (which worked for me):

On the website, under WooCommerce > Settings > Payments

• Check the Enable PayPal sandbox check box
  • Enter the sandbox seller email address in the PayPal email and Receiver email text fields (i.e. paypal-facilitator @ absurdpublications.com)
  • For API credentials, go to your developer account, open the SANDBOX Accounts page, click on the Profile link under the buyer account (i.e. paypal-facilitator @ absurdpublications.com) (the link only works intermittently on my system), click on the API Credentials tab, copy the Username, Password and Signature listed under the NVP/SOAP Sandbox API Credentials heading, into the relevant fields in the API credentials area on your website (they should be labelled Sandbox API username, Sandbox API password, Sandbox API signature)
  • Click on Save changes

Good luck!!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

AnneMN
Contributor
Contributor

So, in case someone else gets stuck on this, the problem for me turned out to be that although both sandbox accounts were correctly set up in my developer account and linked to my sandbox account (ALL of which needs to be done from your developer account), I hadn't entered the correct API details in my website.

Here is the correct way to to it (which worked for me):

On the website, under WooCommerce > Settings > Payments

• Check the Enable PayPal sandbox check box
  • Enter the sandbox seller email address in the PayPal email and Receiver email text fields (i.e. paypal-facilitator @ absurdpublications.com)
  • For API credentials, go to your developer account, open the SANDBOX Accounts page, click on the Profile link under the buyer account (i.e. paypal-facilitator @ absurdpublications.com) (the link only works intermittently on my system), click on the API Credentials tab, copy the Username, Password and Signature listed under the NVP/SOAP Sandbox API Credentials heading, into the relevant fields in the API credentials area on your website (they should be labelled Sandbox API username, Sandbox API password, Sandbox API signature)
  • Click on Save changes

Good luck!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.