just started receiving braintree 2068 error when using paypal/braintree

steve-01
New Community Member

Hi,

I have an existing braintree/paypal integration that is working fine. However, in our QA/Regression environment when making test requests the service started returning error 2068 'PayPal Business Account Locked or Closed'. There doesn't appear to anything wrong with the paypal account, though I barely ever use it and it's hard to tell. Any idea how I can resolve this issue? It says to contact paypal support, though it is unclear how to actually contact paypal support.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Jennifer

Hello,

Thank you for your post on the PayPal Merchant Technical Support Community.

I have seen this error message with the following:

• Incorrect Sandbox credentials
    • Confirm that you are using the correct Sandbox Credentials and that you are pointed to sandbox and not production
  • Sandbox email address is not confirmed
    • Log into your Sandbox account https://sandbox.paypal.com and click on the account settings icon next to the log out
    • Click on Your Profile
    • Click on update next to your email address
    • Make sure it is confirmed
  • The Sandbox account is locked or closed
    • Make certain that you can log into the sandbox account and that you do not see any notifications that the account is locked or closed

Thank you,

Jennifer

PayPal

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

MTS_Jennifer

Hello,

Thank you for your post on the PayPal Merchant Technical Support Community.

I have seen this error message with the following:

• Incorrect Sandbox credentials
    • Confirm that you are using the correct Sandbox Credentials and that you are pointed to sandbox and not production
  • Sandbox email address is not confirmed
    • Log into your Sandbox account https://sandbox.paypal.com and click on the account settings icon next to the log out
    • Click on Your Profile
    • Click on update next to your email address
    • Make sure it is confirmed
  • The Sandbox account is locked or closed
    • Make certain that you can log into the sandbox account and that you do not see any notifications that the account is locked or closed

Thank you,

Jennifer

PayPal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.