how to send test transaction to my sandbox account

dmikester1
Contributor
Contributor

I have set up a sandbox account with both business and personal accounts.  I created and downloaded an API certificate.  I'm not sure what do with that.  I have my site live on my own hosting plan.  Do I just throw the cert in the root of the live website?  How does it get used?  I am ultimately trying to figure out IPN.  I have downloaded the PHP code samples from here: https://github.com/paypal/ipn-code-samples  I modified the files accordingly and uploaded them to my website.  With my own API certificate, do I set '$use_local_certs' to true.  Then down in this code:

if ($this->use_local_certs) {
            curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_CAINFO, __DIR__ .

I set the location of my cert file that I had uploaded.

Now I am stuck.  I don't understand how to get a test transaction into my sandbox account.  I want know the IPN is working.

Thanks!

Mike

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

dmikester1
Contributor
Contributor

Hey devs,

Still looking for an answer to my questions.  I guess I can ask on SO if I don't get an answer here, but figured this would be a better option.  Specifically where do I put my API certificate that I have created?  And do I set '$use_local_certs' to true in the IPN code samples?

Thanks!

Mike

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.