how long will It take to get money from buyer account in sanbox

Yun1
Contributor
Contributor

I test the recurringPayment api in sandbox environment and the test buyer account can not debited immediately. I wanna know the rules of PayPal to get money from buyer account. Thanks a lot.

And It would be better if you can tell me how long it will take in production environment.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MTS_Justin
Hello,

When the buyer is "billed" depends on three things.

1. When creating the recurring payment, did you specify if the buyer had to pay an initial amount ? If so, the initial amount is taken instantly once the profile is created.

2. When creating the recurring payment, did you specify if the buyer was allowed a trial period and if so, was there a charge for this trial period ?

3. When creating the recurring payment, what was the start data for the profile ? This determines on which date the profile becomes active and bills the buyer.

Billing can occur within 24 hours of the profile becoming active. This applies to our sandbox / production environments.

Information on how recurring payments are handled and how you can set them up for your specific needs can be found here : https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/express-checkout/integration-guide/ECRecurringPayments/#re...

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.