create a sftp user

july16
Contributor
Contributor

i'd like to create a sftp user in sandbox for testing "transcation detail report" download? But I can't find where to create the sftp user.

The Merchant Id of my sandbox account is: <Removed>
and I want to generate transaction detail

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hello,

If the error being returned is ""Please check your entries and try again", then either you're attempting this on our "live" site and using sandbox account credentials or the credentials you're attempting to use are not valid.

Ensure you're skipping the link provided in "step one" at the resource I shared earlier, as that link will bring you to our live site. Login to your sandbox account at https://www.sandbox.paypal.com" and then follow the guide from "step 2" onwards.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

MTS_Justin
Hello,

I believe you also submitted a support ticket for the same query and I answered it.

I've checked the merchant id you provided for your sandbox account and confirmed that it's the same account. sFTP reporting is enabled and the account has been subscribed to the transaction detail report as requested.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

july16
Contributor
Contributor

I still haven't created the sftp user account here

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

As sFTP access is enabled on the account, you now need to login to the account and create the sFTP user.

Login to the sandbox account and follow this guide from step 2 onwards : https://developer.paypal.com/docs/platforms/streamline-operations/sftp/#create-sftp-account

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

july16
Contributor
Contributor

I used sandbox account to log in but it says "Please check your entries and try again" Can a sandbox account created by myself log in to create an sftp user

Login to Me Too
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hello,

If the error being returned is ""Please check your entries and try again", then either you're attempting this on our "live" site and using sandbox account credentials or the credentials you're attempting to use are not valid.

Ensure you're skipping the link provided in "step one" at the resource I shared earlier, as that link will bring you to our live site. Login to your sandbox account at https://www.sandbox.paypal.com" and then follow the guide from "step 2" onwards.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

jelena_ziv
Contributor
Contributor

Please can you add a settlement report to the sandbox account, merchant id = "<Removed>"?

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

I've added the settlement report to this account as requested with delivery to sFTP. Daily report delivery will start with the next reporting cycle (24 hrs).

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.