business account balance

ori90
Contributor
Contributor

I created a button to pay in a demo business account (sandbox).
I see the balance goes down in the personal account balance, but does not increase the merchant account balance

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Check within the buyer's account to which email address the payment was sent to ensure it was sent to the correct sandbox merchant account.

If the email address looks correct, next check the currency the transaction was sent in. If the merchant account did not have an open balance in this currency at the time the transaction was processed, it will have an "unclaimed" status and you would have to login to the merchant account, check the recent activity on the account where you should see the "unclaimed" payment and choose the action you would like to take (accept / deny).

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Check within the buyer's account to which email address the payment was sent to ensure it was sent to the correct sandbox merchant account.

If the email address looks correct, next check the currency the transaction was sent in. If the merchant account did not have an open balance in this currency at the time the transaction was processed, it will have an "unclaimed" status and you would have to login to the merchant account, check the recent activity on the account where you should see the "unclaimed" payment and choose the action you would like to take (accept / deny).

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

ori90
Contributor
Contributor

thanks justin, 

when i log in sandbox with the business account i do see the transaction received.

but from developer platform, when i check the business account -> view/edit account -> funding tab -> i do not see the balance increase

i guess its two different things?

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Apologies for the delay in responding, I was out of office last week.

The "funding" section within the developer portal allows you to manually update the balance of the account. If for example you want to add more funds to the account, you can go there and edit the balance and the change will be made to the account.

To check transactions being received into the account and their effect on the account balance, login to the account and check the "activity" section to view all the recent transactions and how they affect the account balance.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.