a real customer made a purchase while Sandbox was enabled

SurrealSentimen
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, While I had sandbox enabled at the time, a real live customer made a purchase thinking that it is a read purchase, expecting the product to be delivered. I have not even made a sandbox Paypal account yet. Is there any proof I can provide the customer to explain that the transaction they just made was "null" and only a "dummy" transaction? Can anyone offer advice on how I should fix this problem? Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hello,

If you had sandbox enabled and the customer was redirected to the sandbox environment to conduct the payment, their 'production' or 'live' credentials would not have worked, unless they had created a sandbox account using the same email address and password combination.

Inform the customer that the site was in active development at the time and no real transactions were being processed. They should check their account activity to determine if any funds were sent from their account.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hello,

If you had sandbox enabled and the customer was redirected to the sandbox environment to conduct the payment, their 'production' or 'live' credentials would not have worked, unless they had created a sandbox account using the same email address and password combination.

Inform the customer that the site was in active development at the time and no real transactions were being processed. They should check their account activity to determine if any funds were sent from their account.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

SurrealSentimen
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you!, would I need to advise the customer on canceling the "sandbox" account they may have accidently made? And if so how do they do it? I havn't asked but I think they may since the order was recorded as if it was a 'live' one on my wordpress ecommerce dashboard. Thank you.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.