Your connection is not private - www.sandbox3.paypal.com

Abd_sal
Contributor
Contributor

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.sandbox3.paypal.com .... 

I am trying to test , but I get this message... What should I do. ???

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hi,

That's correct, the issue only affects sandbox test transactions conducted within our sandbox environment, it does not occur on our production environment

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MTS_Justin

Hi @Abd_sal

This is a known issue we are aware of and working to resolve.

The reason the message is shown is due to the domain name on our ssl certificate "sandbox.paypal.com" does not match the domain name currently bring loaded due to this issue "sandbox3.paypal.com".

You can safely add an exception for this message and you won't see it again or you can wait until we resolve the issue permanently.

Apologies for any inconvenience

Login to Me Too

mgaidon74

Is this issue only linked to the sandbox area? I have the same issue with a button made on the sandbox area. Once online on a test page, the user got an error message "your connection is not secure" on https://www.sandbox3.paypal.com. If I go through, I can use paypal and make a donation with one of my sandbox buyer account.

I understood that once on the live website, with the good redirection to paypal.com instead of  sandbox.paypal.com, there will be no more security issue with the button. Can you please CONFIRM?

Login to Me Too
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hi,

That's correct, the issue only affects sandbox test transactions conducted within our sandbox environment, it does not occur on our production environment

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.