You are not signed up to accept payment for digitally delivered goods.

DrTanu
New Community Member

I am trying to provide digital Downloads through Paypal, and I am using "Paypal Digital downloads" plugin for wordpress.

I have configured the plugin with the API signature, but while testing ( Production mode ) I received the following error

Error - Double check your Business API settings.
SetExpressCheckout API call failed.
Detailed Error Message: You are not signed up to accept payment for digitally delivered goods.
Short Error Message: Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.
Error Code: 10004
Error Severity Code: Error

How do I configure to accept payment for digitally delivered goods? Pls Help

I have written to Paypal Merchants Support and didn't receive any response yet.
Reference Number - 180319-000061

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

MTS_Justin
Hello,

I've checked the support incident "180319-000061" and a colleague of mine has already responded to your query.

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

namaeacademy
Contributor
Contributor

@MTS_Justin I happen to have the same problem, after writing to MTS they replied that they don't have access to the acount in order to enable payment for digital Goods.

Can you please help ?

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

"You are not signed up to accept payment for digitally delivered goods" -- This product has been depreciated, but you can achieve the same thing via Express Checkout by using the "noshipping" variable and a value of "1" to indicate that no shipping address will be needed for the transaction.

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/api/merchant/SetExpressCheckout_API_Operation_NVP/

Login to Me Too

namaeacademy
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply @MTS_Justin

The parameter you mentionned is already set to 1, I understand that this method was deprecated, but the notice on the product's page reads the following: "This integration method is deprecated as of January 1, 2017. PayPal continues to support existing merchants using this method". 

Multiple answers on stackoverflow and elsewhere about this same issue indicate that there's something that needs to be enabled on PayPal's end.

We appreciate your collaboration.

Thanks,

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin

Hello,

Nothing should need to be enabled.

You pass you Express Checkout request, you advise the system that no shipping is required by passing the variable with a value of "1" and when the buyer reaches the checkout, they should not be required to provide an address. I've tested this today and as shown below, there is no shipping address being passed and the transaction was successful when executed via DoExpressCheckout API.

EC_NOSHIPPING.png

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.