What do I do with the Login a Customer gave me?

iowerx
Contributor
Contributor

A customer of mine asked for some integration help. She sent me the text below, which she says appeared after she “created the account”  

The problem is I have no idea how to login without an email address. 

I presume there must be some way to create API Keys for the customer, but the developer docs say create the developer account with a shared email address. 

Thanks, Hank 

Hi Hank ..., Iʼve added you to my PayPal account as a developer. Use this information User ID: ... Temporary password: ... to log in. Then change your password. Use PayPal’s integration instructions to complete the Smart Payment Button (https : // developer .paypal.com/ docs /checkout/) integration and let me know when you’re done.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

MTS_Justin
Hello,

"The problem is I have no idea how to login without an email address"

You go to the PayPal site and click on "login" and then enter the user id and password provided by your merchant and it should log you into the their account, with the account access they have pre-determined.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

iowerx
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Justin, 

Thank you, however, as I attempted to explain, the ID I received is not an email address. PayPal only allows login in the form of an email address. So, if my customer explained things correctly, then it’s possible to create an ID that is NOT an email address and is therefore useless. Or, I thought perhaps I missed something and there was some way to login with the ID that I was not aware of. So, I’m reporting that a Merchant tried to create a developer login and was able to do so with an ID that the Paypal UI does not allow — I recall it simply rejects your login attempt if it is not in the form of an email Thank you.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

The ID does NOT need to be an email address.

Create the user, you'll be provided with a user id and password. Go to the PayPal login page and enter the user id and password. Ignore if the field shows "email address", it will accept both an email address and a user id.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

soulincontrol
New Community Member

It doesn't work for my, I have the ID and the pw , but paypal wants email address. If I login with that email address, it goes to my account, not my client's

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.