Webhooks not received: checkout order approved

causey2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Platform : PayPal Developer

Issues : Webhook events (checkout order approved)

merchant ID 

T5NCH97X79NHQ

Issue is occurring on both sandbox and live (current issue is on live).

checkout order approved webhooks are very slow or are never received. payment capture completed on the other hand are usually lightning quick.

Is this expected or is there some issue?

I want to use checkout order approved webhook to capture the payer's details. If there is a more efficient way of doing this please suggest it.

I have written a scheduled cleanup routine which goes and does a getOrderRequest to make up for the missed hooks at this stage.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MTS_Justin
Hello,

"checkout order approved webhooks are very slow or are never received"

Can you elaborate on how slow "very slow" is ?

Does the issue only occur with order approved webhooks ?

If the issue is occurring within our sandbox environment, I can review that for you.

If it's in relation to our production environment, you should submit a support ticket to our team and provide all the relevant information, such as the webhook URL you're using, the client_id for the REST application being used and the webhook ID (WH-XXXX) and we will review it for you.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

causey2
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, i've raised a support ticket.

By slow, i mean snails pace. A dead snail that is, because 24 hours later it is still sitting at "Pending".

Yes it appears to only happen with those specific webhooks. Payment captured hooks arrive very quickly.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Strange, I've just tried sending one from our webhooks simulator and I received it within a minute.

"id": "WH-COC11055RA711503B-4YM959094A144403T",
"create_time": "2018-04-16T21:21:49.000Z",
"resource_type": "checkout-order",
"event_type": "CHECKOUT.ORDER.APPROVED",

Once your support ticket is reviewed, the team will be able to determine what occurred.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.