Webhook not working in sandbox mode

netheru
Contributor
Contributor

In sandbox mode I do not receive some webhooks. In particular I need to test subscription API, but BILLING.SUBSCRIPTION.ACTIVATED and PAYMENT.SALE.COMPLETED are not called. The second one, is not called nor when I activate and pay a subscription nor when I do a regular payment, instead regular payments webhook works in live mode (I cannot test yet subscription in live, but I think that it will work).

Can someone tell me why webhooks are not called in sandbox mode?

I can see some events in the dashboard under 'Sandbox emails and SMS notifications' section (subscription activation and first payment)

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

netheru
Contributor
Contributor

So, no solutions? Please do not ignore, it's unthinkable that PayPal could have this kind of bugs...

Login to Me Too

bobcause
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, I've given up trying to implement webhooks. I've wasted 2 days on it now. If I can't receive valid webhooks in testing, I can't write the code to handle all the scenarios. I upgraded my server to a new LTS in order to set up ngrok and everything, only to find that valid webhooks don't get sent for the sandbox. Unfortunately I can't waste any more time on this. Bailing.

I'm sure it's great though. Docs look really good, but probably missing something. I've got things to do though and I don't like waiting around.

Going back to simple IPN POST data verification and handling, which I've used at work for years. Way simpler and is well grooved in.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.