We're sorry. We can't complete your purchase at this time. Return to Merchant

houblida23
Contributor
Contributor
Hello,
I'm new in the paypal developer environment and I want to test the sandbox feature.
I created a business account and then I created a REST API app with tow accounts 'buyer' and 'facilitator'
Whene I tried to run the code in samples folderPayPal Payments - similar to Express Checkout in Classic APIs.. I had this error 
We're sorry. We can't complete your purchase at this time.
Please return to the merchant and choose another way to pay.
Return to Merchant 

Capture d'écran de 2018-07-09 12-57-29.png

I changes the password of the buyer account and tried again but same problem
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

houblida23
Contributor
Contributor

By creating a new buyer account instead of the original one 'personal' than choosing my country from the list and without choosing a credit card (set to none) it worked but I can't proceed checkout without the credit card.

I'm in Algeria but I want that every one can buy from my website is it country limitation ??

Login to Me Too

MTS_Stefan
Hello houblida23,

When you are a non US/CA/UK merchant account user that is not on PayPal Pro, you cannot use as payment method for credit cards.

Please see the warning message in the payer object.
https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api/payments/v1/#definition-payer

By default use
"payer":{
"payment_method":"paypal"
},

Regards,
Stefan
Login to Me Too

houblida23
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Stefan and thank you for the reply,

About your answer I did't use credit card payment method but paypal payment method like in the image bellow

Capture d'écran du 2018-07-12 15.08.20.png

My problem is with the buyer account when I used a credit card Capture d'écran du 2018-07-12 15.15.34.png I can't proceed the checkout but when I set it to noneCapture d'écran du 2018-07-12 15.13.08.pngI can proceed to next page that ask me to add a credit card

Capture d'écran du 2018-07-12 15.56.58.png

what's the wrong with the virtual card proposed in the opening of new personal (buyer) sandbox account !!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.