We aren't able to process your payment

RohitBarhe
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I have created a small e-commerce website and want to sell products overseas majorly in the USA.

Before launching I was making sure that everything that is setup is running correctly.

So I tried to make a purchase using a friends ICICI Indian Credit card, but while checkout it is giving the following error,

"We aren't able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please go back to the merchant and try using a different payment method."

Few things that I think you should know about my profile before inspecting my issue.

- I am based out in India

- My PayPal account's primary currency is USD

- My Shopify store currency is in USD

I have had word with Paypal team, They are sure that there won't be any problem with overseas customer transactions.

But, I would like to be more confident by testing a few payments myself.

Please let me know if anyone of you had a similar issue and was able to rectify it. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

shmeez

i have been readnig up and paypal reps have been saying that you can receive payments in the local currency of the store only. So if your store has usd then only payments in usd can be made and not INR. I'm having the same issue as I have INR store and no USD payments on my store are going through sadly. I'm waiting for PAYPAL this huge company to make this tiny update!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.