Using the PayPal Sandbox to test an Auto Return feature

MJDS1960
Contributor
Contributor

I have built a website where I control the passing of data to PayPal for payments. I have gotten the process to work and return to my website when I click on the 'Return to Merchant' button. However, I'd like to have PayPal automatically send the user back to my site without them having to click on any buttons.

I do have a Sandbox account and it is set to auto return to the correct web page, yet the auto return does not work. Under my Sandbox account I have three test accounts, two business and one personal. I am using one of the business accounts to purchase items from the website that is tied to the Sandbox account. The process does work and I do get the 'Return to Merchant' button and, when clicked on, it does return to the correct page of my site.

My question is, why does this not then auto return? Is there something else I must do to make this work?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Mike

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MTS_Justin
Hi Mike,

If the transaction is PayPal account funded, auto return will automatically return the buyer back to the specified auto return page.

If the transaction is a guest checkout; ie. paying via debit/credit card without creating or using a PayPal account, then auto return does not occur automatically and the buyer needs to click on the "return to merchant" button to be returned to the specified return URL.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.