Using Paypal Button and getting different data returned when on sandbox to live

apexweb
Contributor
Contributor

I am using paypal.Buttons on a ecommerce site for the checkout and I have a problem with the data returned from PayPal on the "actions.order.capture()." function below:

onApprove: function (data, actions) {
                actions.order.capture().then(function (details) {
                    // This function shows a transaction success message to your buyer.
                    //console.log(details);
                    return fetch('/complete.aspx?id=' + data.orderID, {
                        method: 'POST', // or 'PUT'
                        headers: {
                            'Content-Type': 'application/json',
                        },
                        body: JSON.stringify(details)
                    }).then(function (res) { etc...

When using the sandbox mode I get a json string which contains the customers telephone number as shown below:

{"create_time":"xxxxxxxxx","update_time":"xxxxxxxxx","id":"xxxxxxxxx","intent":"CAPTURE","status":"COMPLETED","payer":{"email_address":"xxxxxxxxx","payer_id":"xxxxxxxxx","address":{"address_line_1":"xxxxxxxxx,","admin_area_2":"xxxxxxxxx","admin_area_1":"xxxxxxxxx","postal_code":"xxxxxxxxx","country_code":"GB"},"name":{"given_name":"xxxxxxxxx","surname":"xxxxxxxxx"},"phone":{"phone_number":{"national_number":"12345678910"}}},"purchase_units":[{"reference_id":"default","amount":{"value":"10.00","currency_code":"GBP"},"payee":{"email_address":"xxxxxxxxx","merchant_id":"xxxxxxxxx"},"shipping":{"name":{"full_name":"xxxxxxxxx"},"address":{"address_line_1":"xxxxxxxxx,","admin_area_2":"xxxxxxxxx","admin_area_1":"xxxxxxxxx","postal_code":"xxxxxxxxx","country_code":"GB"}},"payments":{"captures":[{"status":"PENDING","id":"xxxxxxxxx","final_capture":true,"create_time":"xxxxxxxxx","update_time":"xxxxxxxxx","amount":{"value":"10.00","currency_code":"GBP"},"seller_protection":{"status":"ELIGIBLE","dispute_categories":["ITEM_NOT_RECEIVED","UNAUTHORIZED_TRANSACTION"]},"status_details":{"reason":"RECEIVING_PREFERENCE_MANDATES_MANUAL_ACTION"},"links":[{"href":"https://api.sandbox.paypal.com/v2/payments/captures/xxxxxxxxx","rel":"self","method":"GET","title":"..."}]}

When using the Live server to make a transaction this different json string is returned which has a different structure and does not have the telephone number:

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

apexweb
Contributor
Contributor

Continued: The returned data from live is 

{"create_time":"xxxxxxxxx","update_time":"xxxxxxxxx","id":"xxxxxxxxx","intent":"CAPTURE","status":"COMPLETED","payer":{"email_address":"xxxxxxxxx","payer_id":"xxxxxxxxx","address":{"country_code":"GB"},"name":{"given_name":"xxxxxxxxx","surname":"xxxxxxxxx"}},"purchase_units":[{"reference_id":"default","soft_descriptor":"xxxxxxxxx","amount":{"value":"10.00","currency_code":"GBP"},"payee":{"email_address":"xxxxxxxxx","merchant_id":"xxxxxxxxx"},"shipping":{"name":{"full_name":"xxxxxxxxx"},"address":{"address_line_1":"xxxxxxxxx","address_line_2":"xxxxxxxxx","admin_area_2":"xxxxxxxxx","admin_area_1":"xxxxxxxxx","postal_code":"xxxxxxxxx","country_code":"GB"}},"payments":{"captures":[{"status":"COMPLETED","id":"xxxxxxxxx","final_capture":true,"create_time":"xxxxxxxxx","update_time":"xxxxxxxxx","amount":{"value":"10.00","currency_code":"GBP"},"seller_protection":

Remaining data wont paste for some reason into this site! 
Does anyone know how to get the same data back when live as i get in sandbox ?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.