Unable to create Sandbox account

greenpeas
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I am unable to create Paypal sandbox account from developer portal. Even the default accounts which Paypal creates i.e facilitator@domain and buyer@domain are in error status. Please help!

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

jwaterman

I am having the same issue. Additionally, as per the recommendations, I tried to delete the sandbox account and start from scratch, however, I was only able to delete one of the three accounts automatically created in that first step. For the john-facilitator and john-buyer accounts, like OP, I show an error status but can't delete either. 

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

We're aware of an issue which impacts account creation within the sandbox environment.

Our engineering team is already reviewing the issue to determine the cause and implement a solution.

I'll "pin" this thread to the top of the forum and update it once the issue has been resolved.

Thanks for taking the time to report this issue.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

buttflattery
Contributor
Contributor

i was also having the same issue since yesterday but guess what ? this happens only when you select country as US and if you create a sandbox accont manually and select the country Brazil it does not give you any error, and completes the processing.

EDIT

Also if you remove any previously created account from sandbox and then attempt to create the account with that same name again it says that it already exists, whereas it has been deleted. Dude what are you guys actually doing.

This is weird.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
"Also if you remove any previously created account from sandbox and then attempt to create the account with that same name again it says that it already exists, whereas it has been deleted" -- This isn't correct, you're making assumptions on how the service functions. If you add an email address to a sandbox account, you cannot use that email address within the sandbox environment again, it's always going to be tied to the original account.

Make up an email address, it does not need to be a genuine email address and there is little to no point in using a "real-world" email address as the environment does not send email externally.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Locking thread for new replies - Will post an update when the issue has been resolved

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
This issue has now been resolved

Apologies for any inconvenience

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.