Unable to confirm sandbox email address

AnneMN
Contributor
Contributor

Dear PayPal admin, can you please manually confirm my sandbox email address? It's paypal @ @absurdpublications.com

I've tried doing this numerous times from my developer account but I'm still getting an alert in the sandbox To-Do list, to confirm my email address.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

AnneMN
Contributor
Contributor

OK, problem solved: in case anyone else gets stuck on this...

I reset the password for the paypal-buyer @ absurdpublications.com account, via the account Profile drop-down (which only works intermittently!) to something completely different that I'm sure I hadn't used before, and this was successful.

Then I clicked on the "log in to PayPal" link on the accounts page, and linked the sandbox account to my developer account using the paypal-buyer @ absurdpublications.com address and the password I created above.

This created a sandbox account with everything correctly verified - email address, banking details, etc etc.

I was then able to test my website shopping cart using the sandbox account above, and everything worked fine. Finally ... after 7 hours of mucking around.

Honestly, PayPal... how about some clearer error messages so we know what's going wrong???!!!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

AnneMN
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, that's paypal @ absurdpublications.com

Login to Me Too

MTS_Stefan
Hello AnneMN,

By the looks of it, you have already deleted that email address/account.

By default we would recommend to create sandbox accounts via the developer portal.
https://developer.paypal.com/developer/accounts/

That way they are verified from the start.

Kind Regards,
Stefan
Login to Me Too

AnneMN
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I've deleted that account because I couldn't verify any of the banking details.

Now my developer account shows 2 sandbox accounts (on the page https://developer.paypal.com/developer/accounts/)

paypal-facilitator @ absurdpublications.com BUSINESS account
paypal-buyer @ absurdpublications.com PERSONAL account

The instructions on the page say "To link your sandbox account to your developer account, log in with PayPal and provide your sandbox account credentials."

I can't use either of the accounts above, because I don't have the password, and there appears to be no way of either obtaining it or resetting it to something I know. If I use my normal PayPal account, I get an error message that says "Check your entries and try again."

So how do I create sandbox accounts via the developer portal, as per your instructions?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

AnneMN
Contributor
Contributor

Note that I tried resetting the password for the paypal-buyer @ absurdpublications.com account, via the account Profile drop-down, and repeatedly got this error:

Something went wrong. The password for your sandbox account could not be updated. Try again.

If you wish to report this error please include the following error id: 28176c2003270

Login to Me Too
Solved

AnneMN
Contributor
Contributor

OK, problem solved: in case anyone else gets stuck on this...

I reset the password for the paypal-buyer @ absurdpublications.com account, via the account Profile drop-down (which only works intermittently!) to something completely different that I'm sure I hadn't used before, and this was successful.

Then I clicked on the "log in to PayPal" link on the accounts page, and linked the sandbox account to my developer account using the paypal-buyer @ absurdpublications.com address and the password I created above.

This created a sandbox account with everything correctly verified - email address, banking details, etc etc.

I was then able to test my website shopping cart using the sandbox account above, and everything worked fine. Finally ... after 7 hours of mucking around.

Honestly, PayPal... how about some clearer error messages so we know what's going wrong???!!!

Login to Me Too

joaoalvesmarruc
Contributor
Contributor

"By default we would recommend to create sandbox accounts via the developer portal.
https://developer.paypal.com/developer/accounts/

I have done that but how would you go about creating buttons that would pay to the sandbox account?

Login to Me Too

AnneMN
Contributor
Contributor

This seems to have magically fixed itself, about 4 hours after I linked my sandbox account to my developer account, from the developer account.

Is this system inordinately slow???

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.