Unable to confirm email address for sandbox account

taishanworks
Contributor
Contributor

I created a Developer account, which then automatically created two sandbox accounts for me, a business account and a personal account. I can log into the sandbox using the business account, but when I try to perform certain operations, it says I first have to confirm the account's email address. I have already checked the Notifications section of the Developer account, and no messages are there. So how do I verify the email address?

Sandbox account ID: KUKKCWSM2K6ZS

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hello,

"Is that true only for the Sandbox or for a production merchant account?"

This applies to both environments, sandbox and live.

The two available options for receiving HTTP based notifications are "Webhooks" and "Instant Payment Notification".

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api-basics/notifications

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Thanks for sharing the merchant id for your sandbox account.

I've checked this account and the email address shows as being "confirmed" and the account also has a "verified" status, so no further action should be required.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

taishanworks
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, I still receive this error message (see image below) when I perform certain operations in the Sandbox. Perhaps there is a bug in the Sandbox? The text of the error message is "To save or sand, please confirm your email address first." Any help would be welcome because this prevents me from using the Sandbox.

sandbox_error_msg.jpg

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

It "may" be referring to your "live" PayPal account. Ensure your "live" account has a confirmed email address and also has a "verified" status. If either condition is not met, you can experience issues attempting to use certain features / functionality of PayPal developer and / or sandbox accounts.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

taishanworks
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for that information. That was not mentioned anywhere in the documentation. The developer account in question is a stand-alone account. There is no corresponding merchant or personal account for those log-in credentials. I did that because the solutions I am working on are intended for use by other companies, not my own. I was hoping to keep my sandbox activity completely separate from any real account.

Thanks again. I will try creating a new developer account and see if that resolves the problem.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

You mentioned you experience the error when performing certain operations within the account. Can you let me know exactly what you're trying to do when you experience the issue ?

The screenshot doesn't appear to display correctly on your post above. Could you upload it somewhere else and share the URL so I can review it ? ( an example of a free image sharing service - https://imgbb.com)

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

taishanworks
Contributor
Contributor

I created a new developer account, one that is associated with our company's merchant account. I had the same problem, but I think I found a workaround. Here is a description of how to reproduce the problem.

When I log in with the sandbox merchant account, on the Home page, I click Create an Invoice, which is way to create one quickly. I enter an email, a description, and a dollar amount and click Next. This then goes to the Edit Invoice page, where all I do is click Send Update. This is where it fails, with the following message displayed at the top:

To save or send, please confirm your email address (email appears here) first. Resend confirmation email.

When I click Resend confirmation email, it fails with the error message: Sorry. There was an error. Please try again later.

However, if I go through the full process of creating an invoice (Home > Invoicing > Create Invoice), then it seems to work. I can the create and send the invoice without a problem,  and notifications appear in the Developer dashboard > notifications.

Using the workaround, I can manage for now. The new problem is that no webhooks are being sent from the sandbox to my test URL. I enabled webhooks for all events, and it should have sent one when the invoice was created and sent. If you any suggestions to help with that, it would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Rob

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Webhooks are only sent for REST-based transactions, ie. transactions that are created using our REST API's.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

taishanworks
Contributor
Contributor

You say that Paypal only sends webhooks in response to transactions carried out via the REST API. Is that true only for the Sandbox or for a production merchant account? I was hoping that any customer transaction, such as making a payment, could trigger a webhook to my server. Are you saying that is not possible? If that is the case, is there an alternative way to have my server notified when a transaction occurs?

Login to Me Too
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hello,

"Is that true only for the Sandbox or for a production merchant account?"

This applies to both environments, sandbox and live.

The two available options for receiving HTTP based notifications are "Webhooks" and "Instant Payment Notification".

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api-basics/notifications

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.