Unable to complete Connect with Paypal flow due to sandbox server errors

kherock
Contributor
Contributor

Sandbox Merchant ID: C62Q36VKKYMSG

Earlier this week, my sandbox app began showing this error when testing the Connect with PayPal flow:

image.png

The only way I've found to consistently get past the error is to clear the session cookies for the frame. Until yesterday (1/26), this would at least allow me to complete the login flow and redirect back to my application. If I tried to log in again, the error above would reappear until I cleared out the highlighted cookies:

image.png

Occasionally, after logging in, an unstyled authorization page confirming app permissions would appear. I don't have any screenshots since it has only happened twice so far. Clicking authorize resulted in a plaintext dust templating engine error.

As of last night, logging in will now consistently redirect to the account summary page for the sandbox account rather than following the return URL to my application. I've tried recreating both the sandbox business account and the test personal accounts, and even the sandbox app itself to no avail.

image.pngimage.png

It also might be worth mentioning that the "Something went wrong on our end" message appears unconditionally if the provided app ID or return url is provided. Previously it would show a message indicating that the authorization request parameters weren't valid.

UPDATE:

Using the old LIPP style authorization URL works. https://developer.paypal.com/docs/connect-with-paypal/reference/#lipp

My current workaround is to hijack the window.open method to use the old URL.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

I've made the relevant team aware there are issues with the sign-in flow and requested they review and resolve them.

Once they've resolved the issue and the sign-in flow is working correctly, I'll update this thread.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

I've actually just checked the issue I raised for this (I raised it yesterday as someone else had reported it) and the investigating team advised they had resolved the issue.

I've tested it and it looks good now.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.