Unable to Confirm Sandbox Email Address

akim_micah
Contributor
Contributor

I have created a sandbox account that needs the email address that linked to the gravity forms add ons Paypal Checkout. I cant use the add ons if my email is not verified and im not getting any email. please help

merchant ID on PayPal: MZH7PCASNG4Q2

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Thanks for your update.

I've manually confirmed the email address for the sandbox account you specified.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

MTS_Justin
Hello,

You can use any email address within our sandbox environment, it does not need to be a "real world" email address. You can make up an email address and once it hasn't been used on a sandbox account previously, it should be accepted.

To confirm an email address within the sandbox environment, you follow the same process as you would for a production environment account, but in the sandbox environment, all the emails are sent to the "notifications" section of PayPal Developer (https://developer.paypal.com/developer/notifications)

In order to confirm the email address on a sandbox account, please follow the instructions below :

1. Login to the account

2. On the "account overview" page, click on the account name in the top right-hand corner of the screen and from the drop-down menu which appears, choose "profile settings".

Direct URL : https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/businessmanage/profile

3. On the profile settings page within the "email" section, click on the link "update".

4. You will now be shown the currently registered email addresses on your account. You can choose to add a new email or view/edit the details of an already registered address. Choose an existing email address by clicking on "edit" beside the email address.

5. On the "edit email" page there is a link "confirm this email", click on it. A message will be shown that an email has been sent and you should check the email to confirm the email address.

6. Go back to PayPal Developer and locate the "notifications" section, which is found in the column on the left-hand side of the page. You should see an email at the top of the page with the subject "confirm your email address". Open it by clicking on it and then click on "confirm your email" button.

7. This will launch the sandbox site and request you login to the sandbox account in question. Once you login to the sandbox account, the email address will be confirmed.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

akim_micah
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply, I already did what you just instructed me.

akim_micah_0-1654127805859.png
Still note receiving email confirmation so I can use the sandbox

Login to Me Too
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Thanks for your update.

I've manually confirmed the email address for the sandbox account you specified.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

akim_micah
Contributor
Contributor

Thank You Very Much @MTS_Justin

akim_micah_0-1654209055396.png

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

You're welcome.

In future you should see the email confirmation within the "notifications" section of your PayPal developer account.

https://developer.paypal.com/developer/notifications

If you don't see the confirmation email, login to the account and go to "personal settings" settings page and beside "email", click on "update".

https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/businessprofile/settings/email

You should see the email address and a "confirm" button. Click on the confirm button and it should notify you that an email has been sent and if you now check the notifications section in your developer account, you should see the email confirmation email which will allow you to confirm your sandbox account email address.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

Srinageshvs
Contributor
Contributor

Can you please confirm the email address used in my sandbox account?

PayPal Merchant ID FWD58JDSCQHGC

I tried to follow the instructions in this thread, but as far as I can tell is it is impossible to do. If you create an account under sandbox.paypal.com you can't log in to developer.paypal.com with a sandbox account (where you say the notifications go) so there is no way to access those notifications.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello @Srinageshvs

You cannot login to our developer site using the credentials from a sandbox account, you need to use the credentials from a production PayPal account. Any sandbox accounts you create whilst logged into your developer account will be associated with that production PayPal account.

I've manually confirmed the email address for the sandbox account where you shared the merchant id.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

amrittest

I created 3rd party PayPal sandbox account PayPal Merchant Id: KWT3DS83G9QWQ using PayPal partner connect. 

Now I'm unable to confirm the email, can you please update this sandbox account to email confirmed?

Thank you

Login to Me Too

asulwer
Contributor
Contributor

these instructions are no longer valid

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.