Transaction Code vs Transaction ID

Gtransfer
Contributor
Contributor

Transactions via the payment API are identified by the transactionID . In the PayPal account every Transaction appears to be identified by a Transaction code that is different from the first one mentioned.

In this case it is not possible to identify the api Transaction in the PayPal account list.

In other words : How to track and define Transactions from the API request to the actual PayPal Transaction accounting ?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hi @Gtransfer

The identifier used for transactions is either "transactionid" for PayPal transactions or "PNREF" for Payflow transactions.

The transaction id returned for a successful transaction execution is the same transaction id which can be seen within the merchant account. Of course, the merchant and the buyer will each have a unique transaction id for the same transaction

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hi @Gtransfer

The identifier used for transactions is either "transactionid" for PayPal transactions or "PNREF" for Payflow transactions.

The transaction id returned for a successful transaction execution is the same transaction id which can be seen within the merchant account. Of course, the merchant and the buyer will each have a unique transaction id for the same transaction

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

HumanoPuente
New Community Member

Sorry, but this may be really helpful to me.

So can I get some kind of ID through de API, that can be searched in my account transacctions?

Right now, the API gives me IDs that later just doesn't exist in my transaction list.

Is there any other tag I can get from the API?

Thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.