Testing PayPal Donations Gateway - Can't Find Documentation + Question

Db2102
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I'm setting up a new non-profit website for a 501c3 charity which uses the Wordpress platform and a donation plug-in called GiveWP. There are three PayPal options currently, PayPal Standard, PayPal Pro, and PayPal Donations. Standard will take users off of our site which we don't want, pro is a monthly expense which won't work for this charity, but PayPal Donations apparently allows non-profits to accept donations directly on the site. 

There's plenty of documentation on Standard and Pro gateways, but I can't find a lot for the Donation gateway. I've created some sandbox accounts, but the documentation I have is for PayPal Pro and says I would need to enable the Pro mode on the business account. However we don't actually want to subscribe to a Pro account, and it warns that whatever you chose there is irreversible, so without knowing what that does (upgrade account) I definitely don't want to click it. 

After I got to that point I said to myself, there's got to be some documentation on how to test the Donations gateway correctly, but so far I can't find any documentation on this. Can anyone help?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.