Subscriptions payment declined because test card not working

electo
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I'm trying to create a simple subscription payment on sandbox PayPal.
I have a business account on sandbox, with which I have to create a subscription plan.
Furthermore, I have a test user on sandbox with a credit card generated here: Card testing (paypal.com)

Everything works fine but when I get to the payment confirmation I get this message: "Sorry, cannot use your chosen payment method to set up subscription item. Please try other payment method"

I tried using other cards or creating another test user but I always get this same error.

Business user merchand id : L9NYCALBPLJJ2
Test user merchand Id : 896X9F6VX8E7A

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Jennifer

Hello @electo,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal Sandbox Community. I checked both referenced accounts, and the emails were both unconfirmed. Since this is sandbox, I manually confirmed both emails. You should be able to subscribe to sandbox recurring profiles with no issues.

Thanks,

Jennifer

MTS

PayPal

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

MTS_Jennifer

Hello @electo,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal Sandbox Community. I checked both referenced accounts, and the emails were both unconfirmed. Since this is sandbox, I manually confirmed both emails. You should be able to subscribe to sandbox recurring profiles with no issues.

Thanks,

Jennifer

MTS

PayPal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.