Subscription Payment failures behavior for daily cycles

jonaslins
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

According to the documentation here, for a monthly subscription: 
If a subscription payment fails at the start of the billing cycle, PayPal retries the payment every five days for a maximum of two retries until the next billing cycle is reached. If the second retry attempt fails, PayPal increments the failed payment count by one, places the failed payment amount in the outstanding balance, and adds it to the next billing cycle.

However, I have a use case for daily subscriptions and a five day retry attempt is not feasible, besides that the documentation is not clear about shorter subscription cycles.
For instance, on my sandbox environment I set the payment_failure_threshold to 1, but there was no retry attempts (at least no failing payment event was sent for retries) and only the very first attempt was executed (not a retry) and a BILLING.SUBSCRIPTION.PAYMENT.FAILED event was sent with an already suspended subscription status and the failed_payments_count incremented by 1.

In this case what is the expected behavior in production mode?

Thanks,
Jonas

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.