[Subscription API] One Plan that can have free trial and without free trial

vigiliance
Contributor
Contributor

Let's say that I do have a Basic Plan that offers a [Free Trial] for users for 1 month. 

When the user cancels their basic plan, the second time that they purchased the Basic Plan again, it should not have the [Free Trial] any more.

Another scenario would be when user upgrades to let's say Business Plan, they're not applicable for [Free Trial] anymore since they already used their trial once.

Any solution for this?

I'm trying to avoid creating duplicate plans as much as possible. 

Like creating One Plan for Basic Plan that has a free trial, and another Basic Plan that does not have a free trial.

In total I have 6 Plans, if I do create a duplicate Plan without a free trial embedded to it, it would have 12 plans which would make things complicated.

API Reference Link:

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api/subscriptions/v1/

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

vigiliance
Contributor
Contributor

I sent a ticket on Technical Paypal Support and received a response regarding this issue.

Quoted from part of the email that I received

According to your description, you want to dynamically set the free trial in a plan which has be created, right?

But unfortunately, our current subscription payment product doesn't support dynamically change the trial info after the plan has been created.

So as my suggestion, currently the best solution is to prepare 2 version (trial on/off) for each plan, totally 12 plans, which you have mentioned as well. That's the only method to fulfill your business requirement.

In short, there's no way at this current time to have a plan that dynamically change the trial info after the plan has been created.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

vigiliance
Contributor
Contributor

I sent a ticket on Technical Paypal Support and received a response regarding this issue.

Quoted from part of the email that I received

According to your description, you want to dynamically set the free trial in a plan which has be created, right?

But unfortunately, our current subscription payment product doesn't support dynamically change the trial info after the plan has been created.

So as my suggestion, currently the best solution is to prepare 2 version (trial on/off) for each plan, totally 12 plans, which you have mentioned as well. That's the only method to fulfill your business requirement.

In short, there's no way at this current time to have a plan that dynamically change the trial info after the plan has been created.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.