Sorry, your bank wasn't able to verify your X at this time. Please choose another way to pay.

grafionline

I did everything fine. When I click to process the payment , it shows the above error. Somebody 

please help me find out this.

Sorry, your bank wasn't able to verify your VISA x-**** Edited" at this time. Please choose another way to pay.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

PayPal_Cristina

Hi grafionline,

Thank you for your post!

I am sorry about your issue. When you add/update your card information, we temporarily charge your card a small amount. This is a regular fraud prevention measure, to ensure the card is valid. If your card issuer didn’t authorise the temporary charge, the card may be declined when you tried to make a payment using PayPal.

Here are some reasons why your card issuer may not have authorised the temporary charge:

• The card issuer might have had technical problems
  • The card issuer may have blocked the temporary charge because it didn’t fit your normal spending patterns
  • Your card may not support online payments
  • You might have exceeded the limit on your card

Please contact your card issuer to ask them why they didn't allow the temporary charge and whether you can use this card for online payments. If they confirm that you can use this card, please try your payment again. If you can’t use this card, try adding a different card to your PayPal account to make the payment.

I hope this helps.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

ankit2801

Thanks for the reply .

But i am facing the same problem even i am using sandbox accounts.

please help me out.

thanks.

Login to Me Too

amg19
Contributor
Contributor

I am facing the same issue with sandbox buyer account after I enter CVV number, Though I have set CVV number in my sudo-card inside sandbox buyer account.

amg

Login to Me Too

I faced the same issue. I tried payments using credit cards generated online and it failed. Finally what worked for me is, I generated a credit card in credit card generator in Paypal developer dashboard, by selecting the card type and the currency I'm using. Paypal accepted this card and the card will pass through bank verification. Please try this. I hope this will work. Thanks

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Update the expiry date on the card being used for the transaction.

Recommended expiry dates : 01/2020 or 04/2020 or 05/2020

Once updated, payment should be processed successfully.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

saranglakare
Contributor
Contributor

I am surprised that PayPal is not giving solution to this problem. I am facing this problem regularly when Sandbox buyer account is in India. I created a new account and still the same problem. I can't even change the payment option to bank account or PayPal, so card is the only solution and that does not work 😞

It would be really useful if someone from PayPal can reply.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Please review the possible solutions provided in this thread and comment if you've attempted these and what the outcome was.

Solution 1 : Update the card details and change the expiry date

Solution 2 : Generate a new card number from our card generator on PayPal Developer and use that new card for the payment.

If neither of these solutions work, please review the thread pinned to the top of this forum titled "how to report a sandbox issue" and then respond here with the payer id / merchant id for the "sandbox" accounts you're using.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

vyshnav4u

SOLUTION:

For Sandbox account this solution works for me.

Change both business and personal account to USA & currency to USD, also set the site you are using this account to use USD currency.

Login to Me Too

digilocus
New Community Member

I am also facing this issue when I am trying to add my card using Paypal at freelancer.com, how to deal with this?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.