Sorry, your bank wasn't able to verify your VISA x-xxxx at this time

PythonMaster
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to implement Paypal Payment Gateway using Paypal REST SDK into my new upcoming eCommerce project, everything working fine except when I try to pay using my sandbox personal account. I am always getting following error: 

Sorry, your bank wasn't able to verify your VISA x-xxxx at this time. Please choose another way to pay.

is Paypal trying to connect real bank for credit/debit card for credit card verification, if yes, then how someone can use sandbox to test approved transaction?. 

Can you someone please answer this. I have google also, but no luck.

Regards

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

itspriyanka
Contributor
Contributor

I have this same issue with my Moodle courses. I also generated a credit card in credit card generator in Paypal developer dashboard; but using that card also throws the same error.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Priyanka

Login to Me Too

PythonMaster
Contributor
Contributor

@itspriyanka  I did google but did not seen any solution related to this issue, and after checking features of Sandbox I  was able to fix issue, what I did, I have created new custom buyer (personal) account as following.

Goto: Sandbox > Accounts > Create Account (Dialog will appear) > from bottom of disable click Create custom account link (here you have full control of credit card). While adding payment method you have option to Bank Verified Yes/No, I do not remember which option I had selected Yes or No. But I thin I selected Yes (i.e already verified). If yes does not work create new custom account using Bank Verified option No. 

FYI: I have created Master Card

Thanks 

Login to Me Too

PythonMaster
Contributor
Contributor

sorry typo issue.

*Goto: Sandbox > Accounts > Create Account (Dialog will appear) > from bottom of disable dialog click Create custom account link 

Login to Me Too

itspriyanka
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @PythonMaster Unfortunately this is not working for me. I tried with both Visa and Mastercard and with both the options Bank Verified Yes/No. The CVV I am using is 123. Can that be an issue?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.