Something went wrong. Your sandbox account could not be linked to your developer account. Try again.

osahan
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to link my Sandbox business account, but I keep on getting this error

"Something went wrong. Your sandbox account could not be linked to your developer account. Try again.

If you wish to report this error please include the following error id: 8b1a0fb43ecb4"

Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26

Invonto
Contributor
Contributor
My email address was removed from my post. Has this issue been addressed? It appears the inability to connect a sandbox account and a developer account has existed for nearly a month. Why has this taken so long to be addressed? Poor customer service on multiple levels.
Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Apologies for the delay in responding, I've been out of office for the past few weeks.

Don't share email addresses, they will be removed from posts by our moderation system.

Provide the merchant id for both your developer account (live) and the sandbox account you want linked and I can manually link them.

Details on how to retrieve the merchant id for your "live" and "sandbox" accounts can be found in the thread pinned to the top of this forum titled "how to report a sandbox issue".

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

hayley62
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @MTS_Justin 

I have the same issue, I can't connect my paypal developer account with my sandbox account.
Can you please then do the linking manually? My ids:
Sandbox: EBDVJR8DSWA3N
Live:  CLDGUN5SAY6BE

Best Regards,
Hayley

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello @hayley62

Thanks for sharing the merchant id's for your sandbox and developer account.

The sandbox account you referenced is now linked to your developer account and should show in the list of sandbox accounts within your developer account.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

Siddartha007
Contributor
Contributor

hello there, how do i enable my Reference transaction ? ID ZJ3F6NFKHEFKS

please help me i'm new to this 

thanks 

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

This thread is for issues linking sandbox accounts to developer accounts. In future, please create a new thread / post for your issue and it can be addressed.

The sandbox merchant id you have provided belongs to a personal / premier account and these accounts types cannot be enabled for reference transactions, you need to create a business sandbox account instead.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello All,

Thanks for your patience.

The developer team have released an update to resolve the issue of not being able to link sandbox accounts created via "www.sandbox.paypal.com" to a developer account and I've tested this today and it worked well for me.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.