Smart Payment Btn works using sandbox clientid but not live

Rokhi2
Contributor
Contributor

I have been using a smart button for ages.  I Just opened a new PayPal account due to a business change and set up a new button in the new account.  It works using the sandbox API key but not the live key.  Is there a delay in verifying new accounts that would prevent the new button from working with the live key? When I replace the API key in the code with the client-id from the other PP account it works, but back to the new id key and the empty Paypal dialog frame shows, then closes.  The creditcard dialog doesn't come up at all with the new key.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Rokhi2
Contributor
Contributor
The answer is that my account has not yet been verified. I opened the browser developer viewer and looked at the console output. The the error was clearly described as an account verification issue. Should have thought to look there first.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Rokhi2
Contributor
Contributor
The answer is that my account has not yet been verified. I opened the browser developer viewer and looked at the console output. The the error was clearly described as an account verification issue. Should have thought to look there first.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.