New to the community? Welcome! Please read our Community Rules and Guidelines
I tried to link shopify with paypal but it doesn't work. everytime when I log in to paypal it says you're almost done. click to complete setup. by clicking on that it leads to business dashboard that's it . i do not know how to grant permission for shopify.
what is the solution for that ?
Solved! Go to Solution.
@SoneliMarandi Hi! I was having the same problem. But after a lot of research, I finally found the solution.
You must have a PayPal business account and you must grant Shopify third-party API Access in your PayPal profile:
1. Navigate to the Give Third-Party API Permission Page
2. Enter scott_api1.jadedpixel.com as the API Partner Username.
3. Check all of the boxes: Direct Payment, Express Checkout, Reporting and Backoffice APIs, Authorization and Settlement APIs, and click Submit.
4. On the following screen click the Give Permission button.
5. Click the Edit button to edit the permissions and check ManagePendingTransactionStatus. Click Submit.
I have been facing the same problem. I deactivated the paypal integration, and activated it again to follow the steps mentioned in your reply. I did everything step by step as suggested, but when it reaches the authorization page is where things get different. I get the screenshot below at that stage
At this stage, if I click the "complete your setup now" option, it redirects me to the paypal summary page - without any other instructions being displayed.
If I click the "Return to shopify" option, I am redirected to the shopify - payment providers page where I get the below screen
After checking out a few similar threads, I checked up the API permissions page which is the way it should be. Screen shot below:
I then tried testing the paypal integration by running an order on the webstore using another paypal connection. It gave me an error message as shown below.
How can I solve this problem? I've tried everything that I've come across so far. I don't want to launch my store without this integration.
First of all, it was very hard to find a solution. The answer was very simple but it was damn difficult to understand what was going wrong when I tried connecting my Shopify store with my PayPal business account. Like everyone else, I was being redirected to an empty business dashboard after clicking on "Activate Paypal Express checkout".
If you are facing this issue then you need to do a couple of things:
- Make sure that you have your PayPal account properly verified
- Go to your Paypal setting and then to your selling tools.
- From their remove the API you have granted to Shopify
- Then go back to Shopify and click on activate express checkout
- This will redirect you to the Paypal login page where you will need to agree with Shopify connecting to your Paypal account
Once you are on this page, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT! Click on complete your set up now. Instead click on return to Shopify.
This will activate everything and you will be able to receive payments from now on.
If in case this does not occur, go to Paypal Merchant Tech Support and explain your issue, grant them permission to manage your API and then repeat the steps I explained above.
They helped me with the solution and it got activated immediately.
Note: This worked for me with the 2019 Shopify interface.
I hope this fixes your problems.