Shopify Payment problem

brijesh9620
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,
I tried to link shopify with paypal but it doesn't work. everytime when I log in to paypal it says you're almost done. click to complete setup. by clicking on that it leads to business dashboard that's it . i do not know how to grant permission for shopify. 
what is the solution for that ?

Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Stefan
Hello brijesh9620,

The answer would be based on how Shopify works.
From a guide I found on their page:
https://help.shopify.com/manual/payments/paypal/set-up-paypal?utm_medium=Forums&utm_campaign=Guru+As...

I found the link in a post where other users of their cart faced similar issues.
https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/shopify-apis-and-technology/t/third-party-api-permission-on-paypal-4...

There is also a way to grand them specific access rights if you know their API User Name:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_profile-api-list-auths

But it would be their support that could tell you more.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15
Solved

MTS_Stefan
Hello brijesh9620,

The answer would be based on how Shopify works.
From a guide I found on their page:
https://help.shopify.com/manual/payments/paypal/set-up-paypal?utm_medium=Forums&utm_campaign=Guru+As...

I found the link in a post where other users of their cart faced similar issues.
https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/shopify-apis-and-technology/t/third-party-api-permission-on-paypal-4...

There is also a way to grand them specific access rights if you know their API User Name:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_profile-api-list-auths

But it would be their support that could tell you more.
Login to Me Too

harshtank
Contributor
Contributor

Hey there! Getting same problem, also read article of solution but still same problem I am facing. Can you tell me what exactly you done @brijesh9620 @MTS_Stefan ?

Login to Me Too

SoneliMarandi
Contributor
Contributor

same issue please samebody help meOpera Snapshot_2019-04-28_012341_www.paypal.com.png

Login to Me Too

Vijeth
Contributor
Contributor

@SoneliMarandi  Hi! I was having the same problem. But after a lot of research, I finally found the solution.

You must have a PayPal business account and you must grant Shopify third-party API Access in your PayPal profile:

1. Navigate to the Give Third-Party API Permission Page

2. Enter scott_api1.jadedpixel.com as the API Partner Username.

3. Check all of the boxes: Direct Payment, Express Checkout, Reporting and Backoffice APIs, Authorization and Settlement APIs, and click Submit.

4. On the following screen click the Give Permission button.

5. Click the Edit button to edit the permissions and check ManagePendingTransactionStatus. Click Submit.

Login to Me Too

SoneliMarandi
Contributor
Contributor

I have already done itOpera Snapshot_2019-04-30_112743_www.paypal.com.png

Login to Me Too

ShawnSG
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have been facing the same problem. I deactivated the paypal integration, and activated it again to follow the steps mentioned in your reply. I did everything step by step as suggested, but when it reaches the authorization page is where things get different. I get the screenshot below at that stage

Screenshot (4).png

At this stage, if I click the "complete your setup now" option, it redirects me to the paypal summary page - without any other instructions being displayed.

If I click the "Return to shopify" option, I am redirected to the shopify - payment providers page where I get the below screen

Screenshot (7).png

After checking out a few similar threads, I checked up the API permissions page which is the way it should be. Screen shot below:

Screenshot (9).png

I then tried testing the paypal integration by running an order on the webstore using another paypal connection. It gave me an error message as shown below.

IMG-20190508-WA0002.jpg

How can I solve this problem? I've tried everything that I've come across so far. I don't want to launch my store without this integration.

Login to Me Too

ishaaqak7873
Contributor
Contributor

hi there!

I am expriencing the exact same issue you are experiencing. Have you solved it? If so, please help me in solving it too.

Login to Me Too

learnforlife
Contributor
Contributor

@ShawnSG  I'm also having the same problem. Have you solved this issue?

Login to Me Too

Harsh6578
New Community Member

Hey, 

First of all, it was very hard to find a solution. The answer was very simple but it was damn difficult to understand what was going wrong when I tried connecting my Shopify store with my PayPal business account. Like everyone else, I was being redirected to an empty business dashboard after clicking on "Activate Paypal Express checkout".

If you are facing this issue then you need to do a couple of things:

- Make sure that you have your PayPal account properly verified 

- Go to your Paypal setting and then to your selling tools. 

- From their remove the API you have granted to Shopify

- Then go back to Shopify and click on activate express checkout

- This will redirect you to the Paypal login page where you will need to agree with Shopify connecting to your Paypal account

Untitled.png

Once you are on this page, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT! Click on complete your set up now. Instead click on return to Shopify.

This will activate everything and you will be able to receive payments from now on.

If in case this does not occur, go to Paypal Merchant Tech Support and explain your issue, grant them permission to manage your API and then repeat the steps I explained above.

They helped me with the solution and it got activated immediately.

Note: This worked for me with the 2019 Shopify interface.

I hope this fixes your problems. 

Happy Selling

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.