Scenario Requirements

kozfelipe
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Guys,

So I have this scenario where my app's users may be buyers or have their own virtual stores as sellers.  I notice paypal integration requires all sorts of credentials such as paypal account, sandbox account, passwords, email, client ID, token, secret ...

Those are kind of confusing to me.

For sandbox testing purpose, which of these credentials should the app require for the seller users to register at their receiving method input. Which of these should be internal app's config only. And I assume buyers should only input their account and password (in my testing case, sandbox buyers and sellers).

Does my question make any sense? My english is kind of rusty.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Jennifer

Hello,

Thank you for posting to the Merchant Technical Support Community.

Sounds like you are creating an app that has a Marketplace. Here is our documentation on the PayPal Commerce Platform. The PayPal Commerce Platform allows partners to have multiple sellers, and buyers in a Marketplace.

The credentials would be your created Partner ID Credentials if you get setup with the PayPal Commerce Platform. This would allow you to process payments on behalf of your sellers in your app. The credentials are provided if setup and approved for the platform. This has information on seller onboarding with the PayPal Commerce Platform.

Thank you,

Jennifer

PayPal

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

MTS_Jennifer

Hello,

Thank you for posting to the Merchant Technical Support Community.

Sounds like you are creating an app that has a Marketplace. Here is our documentation on the PayPal Commerce Platform. The PayPal Commerce Platform allows partners to have multiple sellers, and buyers in a Marketplace.

The credentials would be your created Partner ID Credentials if you get setup with the PayPal Commerce Platform. This would allow you to process payments on behalf of your sellers in your app. The credentials are provided if setup and approved for the platform. This has information on seller onboarding with the PayPal Commerce Platform.

Thank you,

Jennifer

PayPal

Login to Me Too

kozfelipe
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Jennifer

Seems like Marketplace is the word I was looking for and Partner System should be the goal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.