Sandbox payments getting failed

Deepaktank
New Community Member

I am getting error on sandbox payments 

name":"PAYEE_ACCOUNT_INVALID","message":"Payee account is invalid."

I checked my paypal account is verified already, and I am sure I am using correct details for payment. But payment never getting success.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DW888
Contributor
Contributor

I figured out what I had done wrong - it was an incorrect Merchant ID entry. Fixed it, and now the all-new-and-improved Woocommerce Paypal Payments plugin is finally working. Yay.

FYI for the uninitiated newbie web builder...

Apparently test facilitator sandbox account has a different merchant ID from the main (live) account.

That sandbox merchant ID must be entered in the settings for the all-new-and-improved Woocommerce Paypal Payments plugin to work and NOT give the following error:

To find the merchant ID for the sandbox facilitator account, you have to sign into paypal at https://sandbox/paypal.com and enter the email and password for the facilitator sandbox account. BUT FIRST you must look at the sandbox account in your regular account and CHANGE THE PASSWORD in order to be able to enter a password when you sign into sandbox/paypal.com. WHEW!

This labyrinth of confusion took me two and a half days to decipher. Great documentation, Paypal! And I mean that with the most sincere snarkiness possible.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

MobileBeacon
Contributor
Contributor

Is there any update on this topic? We are facing the same issue in sandbox payments. We are some critical changes involving paypal api calls and we cannot push it to production without making sure it works in sandbox environment. Please suggest

Login to Me Too

BenQuirk
New Community Member

I'm also getting the same error. This is on a project that was developed 5+ years ago and has been working fine until recently. Something must have changed on the PayPal side and they're neglecting to tell us...

Login to Me Too

DW888
Contributor
Contributor

My website is not live yet ("coming soon") while I test payments through Paypal. I've activated the "new updated" Wordpress.org Woocommerce (free version) Paypal Payments plugin, entered sandbox credentials for a facilitator account created in the developer side, and created a buyer account tied to this facilitator account. I created two user accounts with same names and credentials as in the sandbox accounts so I could use them as test buyers. I signed in using a different browser for each through the wp-admin login page. When I make purchases on the website, the payment fails. I'm getting:

I had this Paypal account tied to another website about five years ago, and payments were working, but someone else set up the REST/API information. I created a new Sandbox "App" to use the default facilitator account under that app and create new return URL and IPN URL. However, I have never done this before, so it's entirely possible I have something set up wrong.

CAN SOMEONE HELP?

Login to Me Too
Solved

DW888
Contributor
Contributor

I figured out what I had done wrong - it was an incorrect Merchant ID entry. Fixed it, and now the all-new-and-improved Woocommerce Paypal Payments plugin is finally working. Yay.

FYI for the uninitiated newbie web builder...

Apparently test facilitator sandbox account has a different merchant ID from the main (live) account.

That sandbox merchant ID must be entered in the settings for the all-new-and-improved Woocommerce Paypal Payments plugin to work and NOT give the following error:

To find the merchant ID for the sandbox facilitator account, you have to sign into paypal at https://sandbox/paypal.com and enter the email and password for the facilitator sandbox account. BUT FIRST you must look at the sandbox account in your regular account and CHANGE THE PASSWORD in order to be able to enter a password when you sign into sandbox/paypal.com. WHEW!

This labyrinth of confusion took me two and a half days to decipher. Great documentation, Paypal! And I mean that with the most sincere snarkiness possible.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.