Sandbox payments are getting completed even without funds.

dev-rathankumar
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to reproduce the transaction failed errors such as insufficient funds. I turned ON Negative Testing in the Business Sandbox Account and emptied the Buyer Sandbox Account with the hope that I would get insufficient fund error but surprisingly the transaction got COMPLETED even without funds.

Then I noticed in the transaction details, the fund was paid from some card called "CREDIT UNION 1"

I think it's an alternate card if there's no balance in the sandbox account. But, how to remove this card? I couldn't find a way to delete/remove this card. Can someone please help me? I just want to reproduce the transaction failed errors. Thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MTS_Justin
Hello,

"CREDIT UNION 1" sounds like a bank account rather than a card. Check for bank accounts registered within the sandbox account and remove them as necessary.

Our negative testing guide for sandbox can be found at the following resource : https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api-basics/sandbox/error-conditions

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.